Monday, February 4, 2013

Magnificent Monday

Sorry for not posting over the weekend...

But, today is a Magnificent Monday!

You have been blessed to see the start of another glorious week. The slate has been wiped clean (of the good and bad). You have another opportunity to BE MORE and DO BETTER. This week can be your best week ever! Remember, success is just a string of successful weeks tied together.
Here’s a quote that is particularly insightful and motivating:

For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field
when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something
that builds physically and mentally every day that you
train and every night that you dream. ~ Emmitt Smith

THIS WEEK’S TIP: Play to Win Everyday

First let me say, I LOVE THIS QUOTE! It embodies everything I promote in my professional life: DAILY, consistent and calculated effort toward a clear vision and motivating goals.

I see it all the time… those who rise to an occasion and simply do enough to get by the rest of the time. It reminds me of my college days when I waited to the night before to write a term paper or study for a big test. Yes, I usually did well enough to pass. But the deep understanding of concepts and applications that builds one’s strategic thinking skills into a formidable arsenal of insights eluded me back then. I was fortunate enough to have a professor inspire me to view everyday as a “big test” and to want to have form and substance. That is to say, she inspired me to not just know the right answer, but to want to know at a core level how to reach the right answer. She inspired me to really want to know “my stuff.” This changed everything for me. Thank you Professor Andante!

So many have only superficial (i.e., a “working”) knowledge of their core business and they only show up “big” when it’s time to play the “game.” Time and the demands of dynamic markets will eventually reveal the superficial ones for what they are: all form and no substance. This is one reason why success, if they manage to attain any, is temporary and/or easily undone. Don’t let this happen to you!

I encourage you to make a conscious decision to view everyday as playing the “game” and then play to win EVERDAY. Avoid being one of those who only rise to an occasion. Daily, consistent and calculated effort toward a clear vision and motivating goals produces a strong foundation for success that will not be undone by hard times. In fact, so-called hard times will only catapult your success further because you’ll have the insights and understanding necessary to anticipate and capitalize on change, while the superficial ones are paralyzed and crumbling around you from “unexpected” demands. Lasting success belongs to those who not only know the right answer, but also know how to reach the right answer (i.e., the true strategic thinkers).

THIS WEEK’S AFFIRMATION: Everyday, I consciously give consistent and calculated effort toward knowing and understanding my core business, and to completion of daily goals.

Great post from an inspiring woman - Sherrin Ross Ingram

b2

No comments:

Post a Comment