Friday, February 10, 2012

Your Destination

Hello Friendly Blog Followers...

Last night on my way home from some meetings, I jumped on a phone call with with one of my mentor's (and great friend), Mr. Glen Williams (from Ottawa).

During our conversation, he mentioned to me that the prior evening he was driving and listening to a song. The song was called, "The River" by an artist that I worked with years ago (Garth Brooks)

It's an inspirational & motivating song, even if you aren't a fan of country music...

Glen said he was singing along with the chorus..."I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry, I'll never reach my destination if I never try!"

Then Glen said, that during the second run-through of the chorus, he actually (out loud) sang "I'll never reach my destination if I never try." Then he paused for a moment and actually punched the console beside himself and yelled out loud, but if I don't have a %#*£¥% destination I'll NEVER reach it!!!!

Ladies & gentlemen...The reason for this post is exactly what Glen felt and experienced. It's the exact same thing as I felt when I heard Glen talk about this experience.

If you don't have a destination - you will NEVER get there - That's a guarantee?

Think of it this way...If you got in your car right now, with no detination in mind, you'd either drive around forever, or end up in some place you never wanted or needed to be, but the only reason you'd be there is becasue you stopped and questionned why you were there in the first place.

Right now...Make a decesion...Define and set a goal and write it down...Write on a piece of paper. Tape it on the fridge, closet door, bathroom mirror - Do It right now - otherwise you'll end up on the path to nowhere...

- b2

No comments:

Post a Comment